Last updated: February 2020.
- envello collects information you provide to us when you create an account or make a purchase on envello.com. We use this information to process your purchases on envello.com and to communicate with you about your account, envello, and our products.
- We also collect information about how you use envello.com and the technology you use to access our site to help us monitor interest in envello.com, improve its design, and show you interest-based ads.
- We share your information with third parties that we have retained to help us in our business, such as hosting our website, processing payments, and providing shipping services. We may permit these third parties to use information from your interactions with us or them to maintain and improve their business, products, and services.
- We generally store information in Canada and the United States; however, our service providers may be located in other regions. Your information may be subject to the laws and lawful access requests in countries other than where you reside.
- We may also share your information if required to by law or if our company undergoes a sale of some or all of our assets.
- When you post on public sections of envello.com or our social media sites, you are sharing the contents of your post, your username, and other related information. Lastly, we may share your information when you provide us with your consent.
- You are responsible for keeping your user ID and password for your account secure. Although we, and our service providers, take steps to protect your personal information, no systems and controls can guarantee protection.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based ads, please see the section titled “How can you opt-out of interest-based advertising.”
We collect the following information:
Information you provide to us: When you create an account, make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, enter a contest or otherwise interact with us through envello.com, we collect certain information from you. Depending on the nature of your interaction, this information could include your:
- email addresses
- phone numbers
- transaction history, including purchases and returns
- billing and shipping addresses
- billing information
- envello transaction history
- communication preferences
- consent to marketing
- agreement to context terms
- other information we request or that you provide to us
You may also provide us with certain information belonging to other people (for example, when you send a gift to someone else using our services, you may provide us with their name and address for shipping purposes).
Customer service interactions: We collect information you provide to us when you contact us about customer service issues or make inquiries about us or our products. This includes the content of your communications with us and information about how you contacted us, whether it be through live chat, phone, SMS, email, social media, or other platforms.
Social media interactions and mentions: We also collect information when you interact with us by direct messaging us, following us, or by tagging us or mentioning our products and services in public posts. The information we collect may include the contents of your post, your username, and information about your post, like the time and date of posting.
Log data: As with most websites and Internet-based services, our servers automatically collect information and record it in log files when you access or use envello.com. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using envello.com, the purchases that you make on our services, the products you view, your browser type and settings, the date and time you accessed envello.com, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
Device identifiers: We may collect one or more device identifiers. Device identifiers allow us to uniquely identify your device. We use device identifiers to enhance our services (including sending you updates and information from our services and showing you ads).
Analytics: When you access envello.com, we may collect information (either directly or using third party services) using logging and cookies. We use this information to monitor and analyze use and interest in envello.com and to improve its design. See the below “Do we use third-party service providers?” section for more details.
We usually collect information about you directly from you. However, we may collect information from third parties with your permission or if a person uses envello.com to send you a gift.
How do you use my information?
We use the information we collect to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, to further our legitimate interests in operating our services and business and/or where you have consented to such usage. In particular, we use the information we collect about you to:
- process your purchases of products;
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms (with your permission);
- send you customized promotions and special offers, including through email and social media platforms and interest-based advertising on third party sites;
- inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- maintain and improve envello.com and other sites we may come to operate, and to improve the products and services we offer, by using tracking technologies such as cookies;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- create aggregated and statistical data and de-identified data for our research, product and services development and other business purposes; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
Do you use third party service providers?
We may use third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to facilitate offering envello.com and our services, to provide services on our behalf, to perform services related to envello.com, to assist us in analyzing how our services are used, and to assist us with business development and marketing efforts related to our services. These third parties may have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
For example, envello.com is hosted and powered by Shopify, we use Shopify Payments to assist us in processing your orders, and we use Tidio as our live chat provider. Our Service Providers are prohibited from using information that identifies who you are for their own purposes. However, like most companies, we permit our Service Providers to create and use limited information to maintain and improve their business, products, and services, including for the purposes of developing new products and services.
We may also use third-party advertising companies to show you ads on envello.com and other sites. Third-party advertising companies may use information about your visits to envello.com or other sites, collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies, to provide advertising that may be of interest to you and to measure advertising effectiveness. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising. See “How can you opt-out of interest-based advertising?” for information on your choices
If you require more information about the Service Providers we use, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address listed below.
When do we disclose your information?
In limited situations, we may disclose your information to third parties who are not our Service Providers. For example, we may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- When you give us consent: We may share information about you with third parties if you give us permission or direct us to share the information, such as when you send a gift to a third party.
Can other people see the information I post on envello.com and envello social media sites?
envello.com is located in Canada. We generally store your information in Canada and the United States; however, we use Service Providers that may be located in other countries. Your information could be subject to the laws and lawful access requests of governments and law enforcement agencies in other jurisdictions. How long do you keep my information?
We retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We also retain and use your information to the extent necessary or reasonable to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are legally required to retain your data), to resolve disputes, and to enforce our legal agreements and policies.
How do you protect my information?
The security of your information is important to us. We implement security measures designed to maintain the security of your information. These security measures are implemented both during transmission of your information and once it is received. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, please be aware that internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot guarantee that information you transmit using Envello.com is or will be secure.
Who is responsible for links to third party sites?
envello.com may contain links to other third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on these links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not own or control these third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications, and assume no responsibility for their information practices. You should inform yourself of the privacy policies (if any) of these services.
What rights do I have to opt-out of marketing communications?
You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. If you wish to opt-out by sending us an email to the address provided above, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Note that, even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we will still send you order confirmations and other non-marketing related messages.
How can I opt-out of interest-based advertising?
We use Service Providers to display advertising to you that is based on your online activities across websites and online applications. You can click the AdChoices icon within ads you see on the web or visit www.youradchoices.ca (Canadian visitors) or www.aboutads.info (U.S. visitors), for information on interest-based advertising or to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising using your personal information. You can also visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices for opt-out options for Network Advertising Initiative member companies.
How can I edit or delete information that you have collected?
If the information you shared with us changes, you may correct, update, or amend that information by contacting us with your request or using the tools provided in your account. If you no longer wish to have an account with envello.com, you can contact us with your request or use the deactivation tools in your account. Even if you ask to delete your account, we may retain your information for as long as necessary to satisfy our legitimate business and legal obligations. In addition, some information may remain in our backups and archives until those backups and archives are deleted in the ordinary course of our record retention processes.
What is the minimum age to use envello.com?
envello.com is not for use by minors. If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction from which you are accessing envello.com, you may only use this site with the consent and supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
How will I be notified about changes to this Privacy Notice?
We may amend or update this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion and without prior notice. Any such amendments or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. Your continued use of Envello.com following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice.
How can I contact your Privacy Officer?
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
What are my California privacy rights?
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request information regarding envello’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our Privacy Officer at the email or mailing address that appears above. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the subject of your email or letter.